Recent Comments

Disclaimer: All the postings on this blog are automated. I do not claim any credit (or discredit) for their inherent worth. If I especially like something from this blog, I will copy and paste it at my other blog: http://toastmasterambarish.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Today's Word: corrigendum

Your daily dose of Vocab Vitamins

my  
This week's theme is: Errors.
word a day corrigendum

Your current subscription status is: MyWordaDay Only.

> Did you know Vocab Vitamins Complete is just $16.50/year?


Open Spigot: The Vocab Vitamins Blog

6/27 Vocab Vitamins is opening up

Vocab Vitamins - The Book.



Your vitamins -- now wrapped in paper with original illustrations.


> Subscribe

> Account Settings


To UNSUBSCRIBE, click here and follow the instructions on our simple form.

Fire Escape Partners
3465 25th Street, Suite 17
San Francisco, CA 94110

noun
[kawr'-ah-JEN-dahm, kor'-ah-JEN-dahm] Play Word

plural: corrigenda

1. an error to be corrected, usually an error in print: "I was embarrassed to find the most glaring corrigendum in my concluding paragraph, deflating my central message and dealing my credibility a heavy blow."

2. corrigenda: a list of errors with their corrections in a book or other medium


Origin:

In Action:
"The secretariat of the World Trade Organization which last week had circulated to members of the China Working Party a consolidated tariff schedule in the goods area that had been filed by China, has now issued a corrigendum - a note to the Consolidated Tariff Schedule, trade diplomats said this week. This, as well as some details of the discussions at the working party at informal meetings that have now emerged, and the charges being traded about China going back on its bilateral commitments, and the angry Chinese denial, suggests there is something more than meets the eye."

Chakravarthi Raghavan, Third World Network, China schedule gets a corrigendum (October 4, 2000)

VocabVitamins.com

Tune in tomorrow for: MALAPROPISM

© 2007 Fire Escape Partners, Inc.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Learnt a lot from vicissitudes of life, I am a student of life, A work in progress, currently(sic) an overweight body but a beautiful mind, Another human seeking happiness. I believe in sharing and absorbing wisdom irrespective of the source. (aa no bhadraa kratavo...)